Out of more than 40 applicants, the jury of Drinkstarter selected a short list of 5 nominees for the most prestigious start-up prize in the European beverage industry.
The list includes
- Glühbo, a flavored bock beer, which is heated up like mulled wine (‘Glühwein’)
- minusPØL, a blue liquor “with icy aroma and a fruity flavor note.”
- MAQU, a whiskey aperitif composed of blended-Scotch-Whisky and exotic fruit components
- Limoment, an all-natural lemonade without sugar and additives
- Scharfe Granate, a pomegranate-chilli liqueur
The 5 candidates will present themselves at the Get.In.-Congress in December 2016 in Frankfurt/Germany. The winner will be elected by the total of about 300 participants and will win a test listing in 1,200 beverage shops all over Germany.
Drinkstarter, the competition of tomorrow’s drinks, is held this year the third time. Last winners Tim Schöffmann and Julian Hille with Der Ekliche (2015) and Marius Müller with 10T30Kopfgetriebeöl (2014) could already sucessfully establish their respective products in the beverage market.